Jinho Hwang is a Research Staff Member at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center. He received the Ph.D. from The George Washington University in 2013 (Advisor: Timothy Wood). He was with The George Washington University from 2005 to 2006 as a visiting scholar, and with POSCO ICT R&D center in South Korea from 2007 to 2010. He interned at IBM T.J. Watson Research Center and AT&T Labs-Research in 2012 and 2013 summers, respectively. He has published 50+ papers, filed 50+ patents, and has won 4 best paper awards. He is also a professional technical translator (11 Technical books have been translated) from English to Korean.
Cloud Computing, Virtualization Technologies, Network Optimization, Operating Systems, and Analytics
- 11/25/2019: I have received three IBM research accomplishment awards this year! The list is in Awards
- 7/18/2019: Our papers, Leveraging AI in Service Automation Modeling.. and Towards Automated Planning for Enterprise Services…, are accepted to ICSOC 2019!
- 6/20/2019: Our paper on autotuning Storm parameters using Genetic Algorithms was a runner up for the best paper award at ICAC 2019.
- 5/18/2019: Our paper, Cross-layer optimization of Big Data Transfer…, is accepted to Invited Track in IEEE CLOUD 2019!
- 5/2/2019: Our paper, Advancing NFV Platform…, is accepted to IEEE LANMAN 2019!
- 4/23/2019: Our papers, AI migration planning… and Failure-aware scheduler…, are accepted to IEEE Cloud 2019!
- 4/8/2019: Our paper, Forecasting a Storm, is accepted to ICAC 2019!
- 2018: Busy baby sitting! I have some papers (in Publications menu) and awards (in Awards menu) this year.
- 6/10/2017: I will be co-charing Cloud-Assisted Networking Workshop 2017 (colocated with ACM CoNext). Please consider submitting!
- 5/5/2017: Our paper (NFVNice) has been accepted to Sigcomm 2017!
- 11/15/2016: Our paper (iCSI) has been accepted to IC2E 2017!
- 11/14/2016: Our papers (BlueShift, BlueWall) have been accepted to IM 2017!
- 11/11/2016: Our paper (Geo Task Assignment) has been accepted to IM 2017!
- 10/13/2016: Our paper (FitScale) has been awarded the best industry paper award from ICSOC 2016! Congrats to co-authors!
- 10/03/2016: Our paper (Cloud Garbage Collection) has been accepted to Middleware 2016!
- 09/09/2016: Our paper (Flurries) has been accepted to ACM CoNext 2016!
- 08/15/2016: Our paper (SDNFV) has been accepted to Middleware 2016!
- 07/21/2016: Our paper (NetKV) has been awarded the best paper award from ICAC 2016! Congrats to co-authors!
- 07/12/2016: Our paper (FitScale) has been accepted to ICSOC 2016!
- 06/08/2016: We released our technical report (SDNFV) to arXiv.org!
- 06/01/2016: Our NetVM platform (OpenNetVM) has been released as an open source (https://github.com/sdnfv/openNetVM)!
- 05/08/2016: Our Watson Elections hack is in TC web. Check this!
- 04/15/2016: Our paper (Toward Online Virtual Network Function Placement in Software Defined Networks) is accepted to IWQoS 2016!
- 04/15/2016: Our paper (NetKV: Scalable, Self-Managing, Load Balancing as a Network Function) is accepted to ICAC 2016!
- 04/11/2016: Our paper (Automation and Orchestration Framework for Large-Scale Enterprise Cloud Migration) is finally published in IBM Journal!
- 03/05/2016: Our paper (Towards Beneficial Transformation of Enterprise Workloads) is accepted to IEEE TNSM Journal!
- 02/17/2016: Our paper (Performance Management Challenges for VNFs) is accepted to NetSoft 2016!
- 11/20/2015: Our paper (Cloud Migration using Automated Planning) is accepted to NOMS 2016!
- 08/12/2015: Our paper (Cloud Migration Analytics) is accepted to CNSM 2015!
- 06/19/2015: Our paper (Cloud Migration Orchestration Framework) is accepted to IBM Journal!
- 06/08/2015: Our paper (Toward integration SDN and NFV) is published in IEEE Networks Magazine!
- 04/14/2015: Our paper (Security-Aware Migration Optimization) is accepted to IEEE ICAC 2015!
- 04/13/2015: Our paper (Cloud Migration Analytics) is accepted to IEEE SCC 2015!
- 03/24/2015: Open a new home page!